Code of Conduct and Guidelines
The Bayside Westhaven Baseball Club aims to provide a positive and constructive environment for all its members, whether they are players, coaches, parents or officials. To assist in creating that environment, the club has developed a set of Guidelines and a Code of Contact that it expects all members to adopt. Please familiarise yourself with these Guidelines and contribute to making the Bayside Club an enjoyable environment for all.
As a player in the Bayside Westhaven Baseball Club I understand that I am expected to abide by the Player’s Code of Conduct guidelines described below:
- I will respect the game, my team mates, my coaches and the umpires.
- I will never argue an umpire’s call. I will not make comments to an umpire from the field or bench.
- I will never argue a coach’s decision.
- I will settle disagreements with coaches and other players in a confidential / private manner after games and practices and away from other players.
- I will never fault other players when mistakes occur.
- I will always listen to and look at a coach while they are talking.
- I will always be in control of my temper.
- I understand that swearing, throwing equipment (bats and helmets) or any other actions that detract from the game could result in immediate removal from the game and possible suspension.
- I will work hard for myself and my team.
- I will take pride in myself and everything I do on the ball field.
- I will make every effort to maximise my playing ability.
- I will lead by being an example for my team mates.
- I will ALWAYS play by the rules. I will always show up on time for games and practices.
- I understand that the goals of playing for the Bayside Westhaven Baseball Club are to have fun, develop my baseball skills and create team spirit.
As a manager or coach of a Bayside Westhaven Baseball Club team, you hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for each child participating in the Club by following this Code of Conduct:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all children, managers and coaches (including those of an opposing team). This applies to every game and practice.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all umpires, league officials and parents at every game or event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of all children on all teams ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will ask my players to treat all other players, coaches, umpires, league officials, and parents with respect.
- I promise to help my players enjoy Bayside Westhaven by being respectful to all players, coaches, umpires league officials, and parents.
- I will insist that my players are in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will demand a drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free sports environment for my players and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all Bayside Westhaven games, practices and events.
- I will do all I can to make the game fun and safe for all the children involved in the Club.
- I understand that the Club is a volunteer organisation that requires parents to participate in activities, such as field preparation, umpiring, tuck shop duty, and scorekeeping.
- I therefore agree to enlist the support of all the parents of my players in this effort.
- I understand that Bayside Westhaven Baseball Club exists to enable my child to participate and play the game of baseball.
- I also understand that the club is committed to helping my child develop as a baseball player in a manner that emphasises safety, sportsmanship and fun.
- I understand that children participate in organised sports for their own enjoyment, not just to win championships.
- I realize that both winning and losing teach children lessons that are important in later life.
- I know that the coaches and officials of Bayside Westhaven are volunteers, not paid professionals.
- I know that these individuals are striving to provide the best possible program for my player and all players in the club. I will support and not undermine the Coach in the eyes of my player.
- I agree to abide to the Zero Tolerance rule regarding behaviour toward umpires.
- I will at all times demonstrate a positive attitude toward the game, including its participants, coaches, and umpires.
- As a non-profit organisation, I know Bayside Westhaven needs financial support and I recognize my responsibility to support fund-raising efforts to every reasonable extent.
- I acknowledge that as a last resort, that inappropriate behaviour on my/our part could result in the suspension or termination of the playing privileges of my son or daughter, as determined by the Club.